- Choose a country to research.
- Use the iPad or Mac and these links
and other district search engines to research how Christmas is celebrated here.
Some questions to get you started...
- How is Christmas celebrated here?
- What day is it celebrated on?
- Are there other special days they celebrate for Christmas?
- How do you say Merry Christmas in this country's language?
- What traditions and celebrations take place in the country?
- How do these celebrations compare to the ones in your country?
3. How will you organize and keep your information?
Try out apps like keynote, one note, doodle buddy, or other apps you see on the iPad to take notes and
to design a presentation to teach others about your country's Christmas traditions and celebrations.
You might include:
- a picture of the flag
- voice recordings of you saying Merry Christmas in this language
- facts about your country
- other images that support your research
Suggestions for research:
- Search the web for "Many Ways to Say Merry Christmas".
- Christmas season. Santa Claus has changed his name and his looks over the years and from country to country, but he still is seen as the gift bearer of the season. To learn more about the history and legends of this jolly old guy, visit the Web site "Festivals.com" at http://festivals.com/nick/origin.htm.